DESIGN & CDM
SAS ENERGY has its own in-house design team that can turn your renewable energy goals and concepts into reality
By keeping the design, project management and installation all under one roof with SAS ENERGY, your designs will pass effortlessly from one department to another – saving your organisation time and avoiding the need to brief and having to work with another company.
Commercial Construction, Design and Management Regulations
These regulations became law in 1994 in order to improve H&S in construction projects. Since 1994 there have been a couple of revisions but their purpose and aims are still the same today. H&S is critically important to each and every SAS ENERGY project. We ensure that all SAS ENERGY projects are as safe as humanly possible.
Owners/Heads of Commercial Project have the responsibility to appoint a Principle Designer and a Principle Contractor; prepare the client brief, allow sufficient time and resources for the project, provide pre-construction information and notify the HSE.
SAS ENERGY can help all organisations with these client responsibilities. SAS ENERGY can also be appointed to the roles of Principle Designer and Principle Contractor in order to facilitate the smooth running of this renewable energy project.
Early in the pre-construction phase of a project, the client must appoint a “Principal Designer” to coordinate planning and design activities and ensure that steps are taken in design to avoid hazards and reduce risks.
At the same time, the client must appoint a “Principal Contractor” to manage construction work and ensure safe working in relation to workers, the public and others.
SAS ENERGY can assist our clients to fulfil their legal duties under CDM 2015 by acting as Principal Designer using our experienced and competent team to assist with:
- Identifying and issuing existing site information
- Notifying the H&S Executive of project works
- Facilitating and supporting design reviews
- Initiating and maintaining the risk register
- Identifying key issues for Principal Contractor liaison
- The adequacy of the Principal Contractor’s construction phase plan (CPP)
- Confirming requirements for and preparation of the H&S File.
SAS ENERGY can also assist our clients to fulfil their legal duties under CDM 2015 by acting as Principal Contractor using our experienced and competent team to assist with:
- Plan, manage, monitor and coordinate the entire construction phase
- Take account of the health and safety risks to everyone affected by the work (including members of the public), in planning and managing the measures needed to control them
- Liaise with the client and principal designer for the duration of the project to ensure that all risks are effectively managed
- Prepare a written construction phase plan (CPP) before the construction phase begins, implement, and then regularly review and revise it to make sure it remains fit for purpose
- Have ongoing arrangements in place for managing health and safety throughout the construction phase
- Consult and engage with workers about their health, safety and welfare
- Ensure suitable welfare facilities are provided from the start and maintained throughout the construction phase
- Check that anyone they appoint has the skills, knowledge, experience and, where relevant, the organisational capability to carry out their work safely and without risk to health
- Ensure all workers have site-specific inductions, and any further information and training they need
- Take steps to prevent unauthorised access to the site
- Liaise with the principal designer to share any information relevant to the planning, management, monitoring and coordination of the pre-construction phase
Commercial Rooftop PV
Carport Solar PV
Ground Mount Solar PV
Service & Maintenance
Design & CDM
High Voltage (HV)
- What we do
- Our Projects
- Who we are